Our Department was one of the pioneers in providing information and resources to parents about child care. Our Child Care Resource Service is now one of the national leaders in innovative methods of providing resource and referral services to families. This service provides child care referrals, information on evaluating quality child care, resources on various parenting issues, and assistance in paying for child care for income eligible families in east central Illinois (Champaign, Douglas, Iroquois, Macon, Piatt, and Vermilion counties).
For more information on family matters you can also visit the Family Resiliency Center. This website provides a wide range of resources for families including Mealtime Minutes Public Service Announcements, which offers simple solutions to common mealtime challenges.
- Parenting 24/7 is an on online resource for parents
- Terrific Teachable Moments helps with character education for elementary-aged students
- Walk in My Shoes provides youth with knowledge on aging and older adulthood
- Nibbles helps parents deal with common challenges, such as healthy eating and exercise for children
- A Guide to the Babysitting Business teaches youth skills needed to provide child care for young children
- Intentional Harmony provides couples skills and strategies for balancing work and family life priorities
- Illinois 4H
- Building Entrepreneurial Communities